Tuesday, December 07, 2010

A few details about moving to our new location...
We were able to get in the building next door for about 45 minutes last week! We measured walls, floor space, and just generally tried to figure out a plan of action. To put it simply, it's overwhelming! We're in the process of deciding what new fixtures we'll need, and what areas we'll need to remodel and paint.

Right now, the church doesn't plan to be out of the building until Friday, December 31. If that remains the case, we will physically move the store on Saturday, January 1 and Sunday, January 2. We'll be open Monday, January 3 in the new building, but don't expect it to be pretty! The entire process of adding new fixtures, decorating, and other finishing touches will have to come over the next few weeks.

As you can imagine, this is an exciting time for us. I just wanted to make sure that you know that the new location will be a "work in progress" for quite some time!

5 comments:

amy roller said...

Whoo Hoo..so excited!!! The thought of reorganizing period makes me giddy...I'm a little obsessed with moving my own stuff over and over every time I buy more stuff or see a new storage container. I also wanted to tell you I love the new look on the website and LOVE the new font on it! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Well, it will be a "new year" that you will forever remember. Maybe a layout in the making.....

Good luck and I look forward to seeing the new store.

Linda from KS

Christina Hoffman said...

Yay!!! I'm super excited!!! A few things I would like to see added to the store would be:

Some flat screen tv's hanging on the wall or from the ceiling airing Allison's video from her online class then possibly the dvd when it is finished. I think it would be a great feature and a lot of people will enjoy watching them.

DONNA c said...

Works for me!!!!!

Kristi said...

you all are amazing and I am excited! Can't wait to see the new space!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS